Sunday, January 20, 2008

Vlogging

That's my new term for "video blogging", (blogging, of course, is a condensation of "web logging"). So from now on, I will refer to this activity as "vlogging", and then act like everyone should know what I am talking about. Anyway...

Nowadays, everyone likes to talk about "high hands". Its the fashionable technical point of the season, and everyone I talk to seems to come to this point pretty quickly. And don't get me wrong; high hands are great, and definately a part of fast skiing. The problem is, its only half of the mantra. The super-condensed explanation of great form is "high hands, high hips". The latter refers to hips that are up over the wax pocket (under the toes). In short, its the "hips forward" that my athletes will tell you I rarely shut up about. Today we tackled the problem head on, trying a couple of different strategies. See for yourself:

No comments: