Monday, January 28, 2008

Bill Koch-apalooza

This weekend was actually my first time coaching athletes in a Bill Koch event, and I must say I was hooked. Everything was very low key and informal, the kids were all pumped up, and the courses were great. Abby and I couldn't be more proud of our little nordies, and I can't wait to bust them out at another race. Here is Caitlin recieving some "wise council" before her race:



and here she is at the Podium ceremony:



Ike also came and threw down some smack in the boys race, unfortunately we don't have any pictures. But he skied great and did us very proud.

And, perhaps most important, Mitchell skied his FIRST EVER cross country ski race. How many of you remember your very first? I'm so glad that we got this on film, so that in 15 years, when he's on the U.S. Ski Team, he can look back and see where it all began. Without further ado, here begins the career of Mighty Mitchell:


No comments: