Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Skating Clinic- part 1

About 2 weeks ago, I went down to pineland to do a clinic for the Freeport and Falmouth high school teams on skating technique. It was an excellent day; the athletes were very enthusiatic and inquisitive and I had a ton of fun. We videotaped the entire session, but I've had to edit it down a bit for the blog. I'm posting the instructions that I gave in four different chunks of about 10 minutes each. I tried to include questions as well, since there were a lot of great ones, but the videos of kids actually doing the drills was edited out for time. In places the wind makes it hard to hear, but this should give a good gist of what we worked on. I'll be sending the full video on DVD to the two teams to watch, but in the meantime everyone who visits here is welcome to watch and comment.

No comments: